Just because the weather is starting to get cooler does not mean ticks are gone!…
The ideal way to use Himalayan Crystal Salt is in the form of a sole (so-LAY). Drink sole when you awaken each morning. It provides the energizing minerals you need daily to recharge your body, and it helps set the stage for a day of vitality.
Sole is water saturated with Himalayan Salt.
How to prepare:
• Place Himalayan Salt about an inch deep in a glass jar.
• Cover the salt with two to three inches of pure, spring water. Let the salt dissolve for 24 hours
• If all the salt dissolves in 24 hours, add more salt to the container. The sole is finished when the water can no longer dissolve the salt and the salt crystals drop to the bottom of the jar. The water is saturated and is now sole. (You cannot over saturate)
• Each morning place a teaspoon of the sole mixture in a glass and fill with 8 ounces of pure spring water. Drink it immediately or sip it gradually. The water helps transport the electrolytes throughout the body to all the many places they are needed.
Cover the container to prevent the water from evaporating. Since salt is a natural preservative, the sole with keep forever.
A few key facts about ELECTROLYTES:
• The most important in nutrition are sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphate.
• Electrolytes help maintain your bodies proper pH so we don’t become to acidic or alkaline.
• Calcium and magnesium help with contractions of the heart.
• Sodium and potassium work together to maintain the correct balance of fluids inside and outside of your cells.
• It’s important to keep a proper balance of these while exercising especially during a prolonged period.
Gatorade gives you less than half of what you need to replenish your electrolytes after an hour of exercise and coconut water is even worse.
A salty bag of pretzels, salt pills or sole is a good way to replenish your electrolytes from sweating during exercise or working in hot conditions.