Just because the weather is starting to get cooler does not mean ticks are gone!…
With cold and flu season approaching, Steele Chiropractic has eight helpful hints to keep you and family healthy.
- Get ADJUSTED!!!!! Adjustments to specific segments of the neck and back can help boost the immune system, help with drainage, and ease cough, congestion, and stomach discomfort.
- Get the proper amount of sleep every night. (Kids need 9-11 hours of sleep a night and teens/adult need 8-10 hours of sleep a night). Our bodies need sleep to fight off exposure to cold and flu bugs, and lack of sleep can affect how fast we can recover if we do get sick.
- Avoid sugar. Sugar feeds infection so try to limit fruit juices and soda due to their high sugar content. Sugar in these kinds of drinks can significantly decrease white blood cells ability to destroy bugs and viruses. Push water or tea as healthy alternatives to staying hydrated.
- Eat immune boosting foods such as garlic, onion, ginger, fruits and VEGETABLES. Try our Dynamic Greens and get the antioxidants found in 20+ servings of fruits and veggies. Ginger tea can help with congestion from the common cold and can help settle your stomach. Peppermint, honey and lemon would also be good to add to your tea to help reduce cold and flu symptoms.
- Have you tried Esberitox when you feel a cold or the flu coming on? When someone in your family or a coworker gets sick, take Esberitox to help prevent you from catching it or to shorten the duration of your illness. (Kids take 3 tablets every 4 hours and adults take 5 tablets every 4 hours.) We mostly always have this in stock, we sell ALOT of it during cold and flu season.
- Argentyn 23 is pure silver that we carry to help with nasal/sinus congestion, stomach upset, and overall immune support. It’s anti-microbial and helps decrease inflammation in the nasal passages, throat, and stomach. It comes in many different forms such as spray, liquid, gel and even a nasal spray.
- V-clear and Umcka are liquid homeopathics that we carry for upper respiratory support. They can reduce the severity and shorten the duration of colds and upper respiratory issues if taken at the first sign of an illness.
- Try essential oils. They can be diffused or put on the chest or bottoms of the feet (when diluted with coconut oil or olive oil). Thieves, Purification, RC, and Eucalyptus can help with congestion, cough, sore throat, and other cold and flu symptoms.
Feel free to contact the office with any questions and schedule your appointment today to keep your body healthy and strong!